How much should I tip the bartenders? Do I have to allow a tip jar? Most bartenders are happy to set out a tip jar and electronic payment QR code to collect tips. During the evening, they're building relationships with your guests and adding to the fun, so guests often want to show their gratitude! Tip jars aren't appropriate for every event. If you'd rather skip the tip jars, it is customary to offer 30% gratuity up front. This will go directly to the bartenders, checking on
Should your guests have assigned tables? Maybe... let me explain! YES if...
- You're serving a plated dinner
- RSVP's have you at the venue's capacity
- Some guests won't know many others, and you want to make sure they sit with people they know NOT NECESSARILY if...
- Dinner will be served buffet style
- You'll have more than enough seating for everyone
- It's a smaller group where everyone knows each other Either way, your immediate family and wedding party absolutely needs
You'll definitely need limes for several mixed drinks and some beers! Anything mixed with club soda, sour mix, coke, or cranberry can use a lime to brighten the flavor. Lemons are used sparingly. They can be added to a drink when lemon juice is used, but are typically used for decoration more than flavor. Herbs add fragrance to your drink. Mint can be muddled in or used on top to add a light freshness. Rosemary compliments drinks with fruit or floral flavors. Cinnamon sticks